Published: March 31, 2021
Moving is certainly a huge task and requires a lot of patience and follow-through when you are moving to your new home or apartment. Whether you are moving the next town over or even cross country, it is important to have your priorities straight in-front of you so your move will be easier to navigate and will be less stressful.
Here are the Top Five things you can do now to prepare for your big move:
- Give Yourself Plenty of Time: Preparing 2-3 months in advance for your big move makes a big difference and will ease your stress. So, make all your travel arrangements in advance, obtain quotes from at least three or four moving companies and if needed book hotels. The more time you can prepare, the better.
- Your Move is an Opportunity to Downsize: Throw out that old couch and give away some of your hand-me-down clothes to charity. This is the perfect time to clean up your current lifestyle and get rid of unwanted items.
- Consider Renting A Portable Store Unit: If you are not yet mentally ready to throw away some furniture, you could always rent a portable storage unit to keep special items for safekeeping and get them shipped once you are settled in your new home.
- Cleanliness is Key: Make sure you clean your entire home on a weekly basis, so it is as clean as possible for when you move. A dirty home is something that you don’t want to stress about for when you are ready to head out the door and hit the road.
- Relax and Enjoy Yourself: Moves although they can be stressful, they do not always have to be. Make sure you give yourself time to relax, take walks outside, exercise and visit family. Just do the things that make you happy because it will ease your stress.
With these key items, you will do amazing on your big day. Remember, there is a treasure trove of moving information out there to help you, so ask a friend and look online. Just start now! If you’d like to book a container, call UNITS Moving & Portable Storage at (855) 981-8648 or find your nearest franchise today!