Published: August 01, 2022
If you’re like most homeowners, your holiday decorations are a hodgepodge of things you’ve acquired throughout the years. It’s tough to keep everything in order and operating properly while decorating.
You can store your holiday décor for another year if you take the time to prepare and work. Here are some tips from UNITS Moving and Portable Storage on how to organize, pack and store your holiday decorations:
1. Begin by going through all of your holiday decorations. Keep only those things that are in good working order and that you enjoy using. Any broken or damaged items should be donated or trash.
2. Once you’ve looked at your decorations, categorize them by topic. Your tree ornaments should be kept in one place, your lights in another, and so on.
3. Label each box of decorations, so you know what goes where.
4. When it’s time to wrap things up, use little boxes for delicate objects like glass ornaments and big boxes for bulky items like garlands and wreaths.
5. Fill each box with packing material, such as bubble wrap or tissue paper, to keep your decorations safe.
6. Keep your packed boxes in a cool, dry location out of the sun. A basement or attic are excellent choices.
Following these tips, you can organize, pack and store your holiday decorations to stay in great condition until next year. Ready for your storage container? Give UNITS Moving and Portable Storage a call today!