Published: December 01, 2022
Storage might be one of your main priorities if you’re looking to downsize and move into a smaller home. At UNITS Moving and Portable Storage, we have some creative solutions that can help make the most out of your limited living space.
- Use vertical space. If you’re struggling for storage space on the floor, start using your walls and look upwards! Install high shelves or use tall bookcases and cabinets.
- Get creative with furniture. If you’re short on storage space in your apartment or any other area, consider using furniture that has additional storage capabilities, such as a coffee table with drawers or an ottoman with a detachable cover.
- Use empty wall space. Utilize that wall space by hanging up coats, caps, and bags instead of letting them pile up on the floor.
- Make use of nooks and crannies. No matter the size of your home, you can make the most of it. Install additional shelves or cabinets to take advantage of extra storage opportunities and create more space.
- Use under-bed storage. By storing your winter clothes during the summer and your summer clothes during the winter, you can save space in your dresser and keep them dust-free. Store these items in plastic containers with lids to remain fresh until you need them again.
- Hang pots and pans. If you’re tight on storage, pot racks are an excellent way to keep pots and pans while freeing up cabinets for other things.
- Use over-the-door storage. Over-the-door storage containers are perfect for small apartments or rooms because they don’t take up any floor space. They can store cleaning supplies, extra towels, and seasonal clothing so that everything is organized and in one place.
- Invest in multipurpose appliances. If you’re short on countertop space, buy appliances that serve multiple purposes. For example, a toaster oven can also act as a regular oven, and a coffee machine with an integrated grinder takes up less room than one that requires a separate grinder.
- Keep things organized. A cluttered room feels smaller, so if you want your space to feel bigger, keep it clean and tidy. Invest in some storage bins or baskets to help with the decluttering process.
- Get creative with your storage solutions! If you’re tight on space, get creative with your storage solutions. With a little imagination, you can come up with something that works for you.
Do you have any clever storage ideas for small spaces? Our team at UNITS Moving and Portable Storage would love to hear them. Share them with us in the comments!