Published: August 04, 2021
The title is true! There are actually several cities in the United States that will offer paid incentives so you move there! If you’re not tied down where you currently live, perhaps you want to try living in these cities for a new adventure! And another great benefit is that when you relocate, you can also have the opportunity to work remotely. Working remotely is a wonderful thing because you can maximize your day working for your company (and yourself) by not having to spend time getting ready in the morning and driving to work and then back home. So, consider relocating to these nine (9) cities:
- Maine: If you graduated from college or university from 2016 on, Maine offers a tax credit depending on graduation year and degree type
- Vermont: Vermont is “The Remote Worker Grant” offers up to $10,000 in relocation expenses.
- Alaska: Since Alaska needs to grow their population more, the state will pay you approximately $1,600 to live there!
- Newton, Iowa: They offer up to $10,000 cash to new homebuyers and throw in a welcome package of over $3,000.
- Tulsa, Oklahoma: This city is also offering remote work incentives, with an offer a $10,000 relocation award along with a $1,000 housing stipend.
- North Platte, Nebraska: They match signing bonuses for new hires up to $5000.
- Chattanooga, Tennessee: If you’re into computer programming and software development, then Chattanooga wants you. Their “Geek Move” program offers computer developers $1,250 in relocation expenses and a $10,000 forgivable mortgage.
- Hamilton, Ohio: They offer resident incentives of up to $10,000 to college grads to relocate to their city.
- Lincoln, Kansas: The city is offering free land for new homebuilders called the “Free Home Site Program”. Lots ranging in size from 12,000 to 35,000 square feet are offered for free.
We definitely urge you to do more research into each city’s incentive, so you can choose the right one for you and relocate efficiently. UNITS® is here to help you move, when you choose where you want to live!