Published: September 15, 2022
Moving into a new house is the perfect time to build efficient housekeeping habits. If you’re unsure where to begin, your pantry is an excellent starting point. Here are some tips and tricks from UNITS Moving and Portable Storage that you can try out for yourself!
1. Begin with a clean slate. Before you start organizing your pantry, make sure it’s clean. This will enable you to more accurately assess what you currently have and what needs to be replaced or recycled.
2. Examine everything thoroughly. After cleaning your home, it’s time to start organizing your things. Before deciding what should be kept and thrown away, think about how each thing is used (baking, cooking, etc.).
3. Invest in some storage solutions. If you don’t have enough storage in your pantry, now is the time to install shelves or other storage solutions. This will help keep things more organized and enable you to retrieve things faster.
4. Use transparent storage containers. One of the most effective ways to keep your pantry organized is to store all of your items in transparent storage containers. You’ll be able to immediately see what’s inside and where it belongs.
5. Label everything. Keep track of your belongings by labeling storage containers with their contents and other relevant information. Doing this will save you countless hours of frustration in the future.
6. Keep similar items together. You can keep your pantry organized and tidy by grouping similar items together. For example, store all of your baking ingredients or cooking oils in one place, so it is easy to find what you need when you need it.
7. Don’t forget about the flooring. You can store larger items that don’t fit on shelves by utilizing the floor space in your pantry. Keep everything organized and tidy to avoid creating a trip hazard.
8. Use door storage. If your pantry has doors, make use of them by hanging hooks or utilizing over-the-door storage ideas. This is a great way to keep items that are difficult to care for in jars on shelves.
9. Keeping it clean is a good idea. One of the most useful storage solutions I’ve ever heard of is to keep your pantry tidy. After each use, clean surfaces, sweep the floor and return things to their proper spots. This will prevent your pantry from getting congested and dirty.
10. Throw out old supplies. One of the most important pantry organization ideas is to declutter it regularly. Check your pantry periodically and get rid of anything that has expired or you no longer use. This will maintain a clean and organized appearance for years down the road.
Do you need some help when it comes to moving or storing your belongings? Give UNITS Moving and Portable Storage a call! We’ll be able to help and give you a free quote for one of our storage containers.