Published: July 01, 2022
If you’re like the majority of people, your holiday decorations are a hodgepodge of things you’ve collected throughout the years. When it comes to garlands, wreaths, tree ornaments, and lights, keeping everything organized and in good operating order may be difficult.
With a little preparation and work, you may store your holiday décor until next year. Here are some tips from UNITS Moving and Portable Storage of Central Jersey on how to organize, pack and store your holiday decorations:
1. Begin by going through all of your holiday decorations. Keep only those items that are in good working order and that you enjoy using. Donate or trash any broken or destroyed items.
2. After you’ve reviewed your decorations, categorize them by topic. Keep all of your tree ornaments in one location, all of your lights in another, and so on.
3. Label each box of decorations so you know what goes where.
4. When it’s time to pack everything up, use small boxes for delicate things like glass ornaments and big boxes for bulky things like garlands and wreaths.
5. Fill each box with packing material like bubble wrap or tissue paper to keep your decorations safe while storing them.
6. Keep your packed boxes in a cool, dry place out of the sun. A basement or attic is ideal.
By following these tips, you can organize, pack and store your holiday decorations so that they stay in great condition until next year. Ready for your own storage container? Give UNITS Moving and Portable Storage of Central Jersey a call today!