Moving is stressful enough as it is, and in a pandemic, it may seem downright impossible. It IS possible to move right now, and just in time for May’s National Moving Month and the busy spring and summer season, the local pros at UNITS Moving and Portable Storage created the ‘Pandemic Moving Plan’ to help locals pack up and head out safely.
Locals on the move
If you were already planning to move this spring, chances are it’s difficult to postpone.
● The American Moving and Storage Association (AMSA), reports federal rules allow movers to continue to operate.
● That’s great, since about 35.5 million Americans move each year! (Move.org)
“We’re hearing from panicked homeowners and renters alike who need to move right now and want to make sure they practice safety tips before, during and after the move,” says Michael McAlhany, CEO and founder of UNITS Moving and Portable Storage. “We created the ‘Pandemic Moving Plan to answer their questions and provide an easy and safe moving game plan during the pandemic, one of the most stressful moving seasons in our nation’s history!”
Pandemic Moving Plan
Tips for moving to a new home while stay-at-home orders are in place
Portable storage companies like UNITS Moving and Portable Storage bring the container to you and set it in a convenient, ground-level location so you can load stuff at your own pace. Once the container is ready to go, the portable storage company moves the container to store it in their climate-controlled warehouse or moves it to your new home, so you can unload it yourself.
UNITS is monitoring information provided by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as well as state and local government officials to ensure the safety of our workers and clients:
● Enforcing frequent and thorough soap handwashing for our associates
● Associates who do not feel well are required to stay home
● Customers sign documents electronically
● Delivery drivers follow instructions left by customers, and customers do not need to be present